Drive up and drop off diapers!
April 26, 2023
9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
in front of the Miracle Lane Clothing Center
Christ Child Society’s Diaper Drop collected 17,500 diapers in 2020, 40,610 in 2021 and 59,000 in 2022. Help us provide even more this year!
A sad fact of reality for many families living in poverty is that there is only enough money to supply a handful of diapers daily. That is why we pledged to help with this on-going need through supplying diapers to some of our referral agencies. We selected agencies who distribute or use diapers daily or weekly in their year-round missions.
How you can help
- Begin buying and storing diapers now on your trips to the grocery store or pharmacy – sizes 3,4,5, 6 and pull-ups are the greatest need
- Clip Coupons to alleviate soaring prices
- Send diapers directly to CCS through an on-line purveyor (Amazon, Costco, Sam’s…)
- Ask family and friends to help you celebrate Mother’s Day or another occasion by foregoing a gift and gifting diapers instead ( Last year, board member Mary Ann Chandler did this for her birthday and delivered 1,075 diapers on the day of the drop! )
- Tell neighbors about our Diaper Drive and be willing to deliver their donations
- Honor your mother or her memory, or a mom who you admire, by donating diapers to this worthy cause
- Consider organizing a diaper drive at your church ( last year the congregation at Christ the King Lutheran Church collected diapers during the month of April and delivered 2,692 donations to us on Drop Day! )
- Deliver diapers to referral agencies on the afternoon of the event if you have an exceptionally large vehicle
Contact Lisa Smessaert 574-340-5497